Guests visiting the University of Oregon can gain access to UO’s wireless network and the internet one of three ways:
- register yourself
- have a faculty or staff member sponsor you
- log in using “eduroam” (available to guests from Oregon State and other eduroam-participating institutions)
How to Use eduroam:
If you are from Oregon State University or another participating eduroam institution, you already have access! Select the “eduroam” wireless network and login using your username and password provided by your home institution. For more information, see About the eduroam Wireless Network.
How Guest Self-Service Works
As of January 8, 2016, visitors can register themselves for access. On your computer or mobile device, select the “UO Guest” wireless network. On the first page that loads, select “Create an account.” Provide the information requested, then have your password sent to you via email and/or text message. Then log in with the username and password you’ve been given.
Your account will work for 7 days, after which you can simply register yourself for another 7-day account.
If you are from Portland State University, use this option for accessing UO’s wireless network.
For more information and an FAQ about this new service, please visit https://it.uoregon.edu/guest-wireless-self-service-launch.
*All guests are responsible for following our Acceptable Use Policy.
How to Use Guest Self-Service
- On your computer or mobile device, select the UO Guest wireless network.
- Select Create an account.
- Provide the requested information, check the box indicating you accept the terms and conditions (UO’s Acceptable Use Policy), and then click Register.
- Click Send password via email and/or Send password via text message. (Note: The system may not acknowledge the button click, but it is sending you the message.)
- Once you’ve received a message containing your password, click Log in.
- Enter your assigned username and password. You should then be connected to the UO Guest wireless network.
After the initial registration process, you can use wireless by selecting the UO Guest wireless network on your computer or mobile device and logging in with your assigned username and password, if necessary.
How Guest Sponsorship Works
A faculty or staff member creates a guest’s sponsored account. The system generates a username and password that the sponsor then shares with the guest. The guest can log in to the “UO Guest” wireless network using that username and password.
If your guest needs more than internet access, you may be able to sponsor an account.
For details of who is eligible to act as a sponsor and who is eligible to be sponsored, see the Wireless Network Guest Access Policy. All guests are responsible for following our Acceptable Use Policy.
How to Sponsor a Guest
Note: The sponsors.uoregon.edu website was updated on January 22, 2016.
For detailed, step-by-step directions, see How to Sponsor a Guest for Wireless Network Access. Here’s an outline of the process for creating individual accounts:
- Go to sponsors.uoregon.edu.
- Log in with your Duck ID and password.
- Enter the email address (and name, if known) of the person you wish to sponsor.
- Confirm the start date and end date. Most sponsorships are limited to 7-8 days.
- Click the Create button.
- Click Notify to email your guest their username and password, or to print that information for them.
How to Log in as a Sponsored Guest
To log in, select the “UO Guest” wireless network. In the popup that appears, enter the username and password you received by email or printout from your sponsor.
Contact the Technology Service Desk.