The School of Music and Dance provides a room open to all students (when there isn’t a class scheduled) with keyboards to practice on.
There are 16 keyboard stations available for use.
They have these capabilities:
- Connected screens to monitor the instructor’s live hands/feet cameras or the document camera
- 1/4 in. headphone jacks
For teaching there are these technologies:
- Classroom projector
- Document Camera
- Live camera on hands
- Live camera on feet/pedals
- mp3 connectivity
- Laptop connectivity
Piano Lab Help & Support
Using the Instructor’s Station in the Piano Lab
- Turn on the power button at the very top of the rack behind the piano.
- Turn on the power button on the far left of the Roland keyboard.
- To have students hear the instructor’s microphone and piano, press ALL button on the far right of the GLC controller on the right on the instructor’s piano.
- To communicate with specific students, press the numbered button corresponding to the student’s station number. For stations 9 – 16, press the BANK button first.
- To mute students’ pianos, select ALL and STUDENT MUTE.
Using the Document Camera
- Select DOC CAM column in the SMARTBOARD row on the touch screen on the Instructor’s piano. Note that the SMARTBOARD must be on.
- To have Students see the DOC CAM on their monitors, select DOC CAM column in Student Monitors row on the touch screen.
- Gray plug into Mic
- Black to Phono
Do not unplug anything in the Piano Lab. Do not move headphones.
Using the SmartBoard
- To turn on the board, click the power button on the far left of the board’s tray:
- Open Board Tools application in Applications/Smart Technologies on laptop.
- To see laptop screen on SMART Board, select LAPTOP column in SMART BOARD row on touch screen controller.
- To have students see the laptop screen on their computers, select LAPTOP column in the STUDENT MONITORS row on the touch screen controller.
- To draw/write on board choose a marker from the tray and begin drawing. An untitled Notepad document will be created.
- To erase on the board, use the eraser on the tray and use it like an eraser. Tip: Make a big circle with the eraser and click in the middle of the circle to erase everything within the circle.