To connect to to a file share server from off campus (or when you’re not connected to the UONetwork) you need to use a VPN client (virtual private network).
How Do I Connect?
To start a VPN connection:
- Open the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client program
Make sure the correct vpn address is in the “Connect to” field: uovpn.uoregon.edu
- In the Username box enter your Duck ID
- In the Password box enter the password for your Duck ID:
- Click the “Connect” button
Once you’ve successfully connected to the UOVPN Network, follow the regular directions for How to map a Network Drive.
To end a VPN connection:
- Find the Cisco AnyConnect icon, which looks like this:
In Windows, the AnyConnect icon is in the system tray at the bottom right corner of your display. In Mac OS X, the AnyConnect icon is on the menu bar at the top right of your display.
- Select “Disconnect” by clicking (or right-clicking) the AnyConnect icon.
For more detailed information on which VPN client to use and how to set up the software, please refer to the UO IT Services directions for using VPN clients.