Please note that if you are not connected to the UONetwork (i.e. connecting from home) you will will need to follow the directions for Connecting Using a VPN Client.
To connect to the file share server will on the university network:
- Open up ‘My Computer’ and click on ‘Map Network Drive’
- Select a drive letter from the dropdown menu.
- Type in the following in the folder field: \\somd-file.uoregon.edu\”the volume you’d like to connect to”
– example: \\somd-file.uoregon.edu\groups
- Checkmark the Reconnect at logon box and Connect using different credentials.
- Click finish.
- A popup window should appear and ask for you credentials, fill in the following information, then click OK.
User name: “Duck ID” (your email address before the @uoregon.edu)
– example user name: johndoe
Password: Your Duck ID password